Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help with sound

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PannyDeters's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2002
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks like MiniDisc is the best way to go for no-budget stuff. I'm shooting both Super 8 and DV. Eventually these will be dumped to a PC.

    eBay has MiniDisc players, many of them, for way under $100.

    Can anyone give me some insight into what I'm looking for? I just don't know the differences.

    Also, can anyone give me some recomendations for cheap shotgun mics? I'd like to spend $150 or less. Can I get a sufficient mic for this?

    Thanks much.

    -DannyOKC

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've wanted to know the same thing myself. Someone please respond.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use mini disk but don't have the smaller ones. I use the Marantz 650. You want to consider the inputs. The smaller MD recorders only offer the mini jack input, so you will need a mixer or a mic adapter to fit a good mic on there. And, if the input on the MD recorder has some type of phantom power that you can't turn off, then you'll need to deal with that also.

    You might consider renting a good recorder when you need to do double system. A DAT or a professional MD recorder.

    The main points of getting any kind of pro sound is much like a video camera.

    You need:

    1. Manual control of the volume.
    2. Non powered mic inputs or proper mics that use
    that type of power.
    3. A small mixer will help too.
    You can find some decent mixers for
    under $100.00.

    You might want to use your video camera for sound or a VCR with HI-FI sound. You will still need manual control on the camera, and you will need a mixer to use a VCR.

    Hope this helps some.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I start my new job at a tv station tomorrow.
    We use mini disk recording sound for brodcast. I have not experience in tv at all but some how I managed to get the job. I will be learning a lot about sound in the next few months and I will pass along any info that I learn.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    anthony

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •